Earlier this week I posted on Picking a Personal Photography Project. In that post I asked you to post some of the projects you are just starting or have planned for 2010. I went through the feedback I received in the comments area of the post as well as through e-mail and picked some to post. The projects listed below are quite interesting and I hope these inspire you with your goals in the new year.
- Alex Saunders is making a project of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Southern Colorado. In September of 2009 he spent three days there and would like to get a solid group of 12 images for his portfolio. This would encompass the dunes as well as the surrounding area.
- Marcy James has two projects she will be working on completing. The first is meandering through her murky watered futuristic place, no man’s land where she is thinking she will make artifacts found there. The second is finising her butte, america book to submit for blurb’s contest.
- Christopher Rice is in the early stages of planning for a photography project to document a portion of the Denver metro area. This planning is to determine if the project is feasible and the scope he will encompass.
- Annie Florin, a children’s photographer in the Bay Area, is looking at two different projects. While the first is in the planning stages at this time it is an interesting concept which brings together her local area as well as something in common with her focus of children’s photography. She will also continue her Jack project featuring her son.
- I will build on my Winter in Washington Park image as I work to document the Denver area. It is quite common to photograph the mountains in Colorado however the Denver area has it’s own beauty. Covering the city in the different seasons will bring some challenges but also will highlight what the city has to offer.
I hope we will be able to check-in on some of these projects in the upcoming months. Is there a project you are working on which you would like to share?