This weekend brings a three day weekend to many people here in the Denver area. As a reminder most state and federal offices will be closed on Monday for the MLK holiday. In addition there is no mail delivery, and in Denver parking meters are free.
A parade through downtown Denver always kicks off the annual stock show.
Some events you may want to check out this weekend:
- The National Western Stock Show continues the 2012 edition on this middle weekend of the show.
- If you are in the Longmont area you may want to check out the show “Street Creed: Graffiti Art from Concrete to Canvas” which runs through January 22nd at the Longmont Museum.
- It may be winter, but the Denver Boat Show has dropped anchor in Denver this weekend.
- After an overtime win this past Sunday, the Broncos play in New England on Saturday evening. The game is on CBS.
- The Colorado Mammoth kick off their 2012 season at Pepsi Center this evening.
- Up in Aspen the Winterskol four-day festival is taking place. Look for plenty of activities around the town as well as fireworks.
- On Monday, the annual MLK Marade takes place from City Park to Civic Center Park. The Marade starts at 9:00 A.M.
You know of any other events happening this week in Denver?