With the majority of snow of our more recent storm past us, it is time to get out and about in the city this weekend.
What is happening in Denver this first weekend of February?
- The inaugural Evergreen Winter Festival is today at Evergreen Lake. Feature snow sculptures, ice skating, a rail jam competition throughout the day. It is free to attend during the day and there is an entry fee for the evening events.
- You may have missed the polar plunge this morning in Colorado Springs, however there are still two opportunities to take the plunge in the metro area. This event benefits the Special Olympics of Colorado.
- Today is a free day at the Denver Art Museum while Sunday and Monday it is free to get to the Denver Zoo.
- Two events today at the Pepsi Center. The Colorado Avalanche take on Vancouver this afternoon at 1:00 P.M., while the Colorado Mammoth take on Edmonton this evening at 7:00 P.M.
- The Oriental Theater in the Berkeley District will have the Super Bowl on their big screen for free this Sunday.
Anything else you plan on doing this weekend, or will you just get out of the house and enjoy the fresh blanket of snow in the Denver metro area?