It is the long Memorial Weekend. Are you staying in town this weekend or heading to the Colorado mountains? Plenty to do no matter where you are this weekend, especially here in Denver.
- Today is the Memorial Day Parade in downtown Denver starting at 10:00 AM. Before then is a wreath laying at the State Capitol at 9:00 AM.
- Downtown Denver Arts Festival takes place at the Pavilions (16th and Glenarm) through Monday.
- The Denver Day of Rock is today with five stages of free music in the downtown area. You will be sure to find a band which you will want to hear.
- Near Washington Park is the 33rd Annual Old South Gaylord Street Festival is Sunday and Monday. This evening is a movie night.
- The Colorado Rapids (professional soccer) are home this evening at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
- The Big Eat is on Sunday afternoon near Union Station. This event is sold out, but maybe you have some friends with an extra ticket. Thirty-six restaurants will be there for you to sample, along with some breweries.
- Baseball returns to town on Monday with the Colorado Rockies playing a day-night doubleheader at Coors Field. Fireworks are scheduled after the evening game.
- If that is not enough, amusement parks are open with extended schedules and Water World also opens this weekend.
What do you have planned for the weekend here in Denver?