It is Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby Day this weekend in Denver, along with some nice weather to start the weekend. What is going on around the city this week:
- The Cinco de Mayo Festival and Parade take over Civic Center Park for this annual tradition through Sunday night.
- Amusement parks open this weekend as Lakeside and Elitch Gardens kick off the fun of summer. For a few weeks it is weekends only at these parks.
- Free Day on Saturday at Denver Art Museum and Colorado Railroad Museum while on Sunday the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and Boulder History Museum are free.
- The first Horseshoe Market of the year kicks off today at 46th and Tennyson. Gates open at 9:00 AM.
- The Colorado Rockies continue a home series as well this weekend against the Atlanta Braves this weekend.
What do you have planned for the weekend?