A new month is here and another warm summer weekend in Denver. Some of the items going on this weekend around the city.
- The 41st Annual People’s Fair takes over Civic Center Park, with food, art and music. This event is today and tomorrow.
- Nearby at Larmier Fair is the Chalk Art Festival where 200 artists will take to the streets to transform the streets around Larimer Square into a collection of art today and tomorrow.
- The Rockies have a couple of day games this weekend against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The grand opening of a new skatepark in Arvada takes place today at 10:00am.
- A pet adoption event takes place at 38th and Tennyson (Old Elitch Pavillion) starting this morning at 10:00am.
- Since it is the first Saturday of the month, the Denver Art Museum is free today.
- This afternoon starting at 1:00pm is the Thunder Valley MotorCross near I-70 and C-470.
- The Elephant Rock Bicycle Ride takes over the roads near Castle Rock on Sunday morning. From 25 miles to 100 miles there are rides for everyone, making it one of the most popular bicycle ride in the metro area.
- On Monday Film on the Rocks kicks off as well, with Office Space starting the season.
What do you have planned for this weekend in Denver?