The first full weekend of summer brings plenty in the Denver area on a hot weekend.
- From 10:00 A.M. – 8:00 P.M. today, 25th Avenue between Elliot and Federal will be transformed as part of the Better Block program. This is the first of the type to be brought to Denver. The event is free.
- Today is the Westword Music Showcase Festival in the Golden Triangle. Plenty of music at 12 indoor venues as well as an outdoor stage. Note there are age restrictions at some of the venues.
- Terminal Velocity: The AIGA Typeface Bike Race is today, however registration is closed for this event.
- The Journeys Backyard BBQ Tour comes to Colorado Mills today. This free event will include extreme sports and bands, including Eve6.
- The Cherry Blossom Festival is in Lower Downtown Denver today and tomorrow. This is a free event to attend.
- If you are looking to escape the heat, then head on up to Creek at the Peak in Idaho Springs for downriver raft and kayak races. This will also be in Golden on Sunday.
What do you have planned for this weekend?